You’ve reached the ceiling in your job’s salary bracket, you’re still waiting to quit your job and start a career, or you’re interested in earning an advanced degree in hopes of a promotion – but, how can you go back to school and maintain your current lifestyle?
College Degrees Today has done the research for you and we have compiled a list containing the benefits of an online education to help you make an informed decision about online learning.
Top 10 Benefits of an Online Education
1. VARIETY. With online education, you can choose from a variety of schools and programs to choose from – and location or re-location isn’t a matter of concern since all of your classes will be taken from the comfort of your own home.
2. COST EFFECTIVE. Online learning costs less than traditional campus schools in many ways. For example, tuition fees are less because the school has no need to charge for overhead, maintenance, or even electricity for classrooms because you’ll be learning from home.
3. TIME EFFICIENT. Along with online education costing less than traditional campus schools, online education is also more time efficient. This is a great benefit for students with a full-time job, family responsibilities, or other obligations that need to be worked around. With online education, students can forget about long daily commutes, wasting time trying to find parking, or running from class to class.
4. SOCIAL NETWORKING. In our modern day society, most friends and couples are made over the internet – why should school be any different? A great benefit of online education is having access to meeting people worldwide, rather than being limited to socializing locally.
5. INDIVIDUALIZED LEARNING. Students enrolled in online education have the unique opportunity to learn using the learning style that works best for them; whether it’s by listening to a lecture, reading content, or using interactive media.
6. GO TO CLASS WHEN YOU WANT. The difference between traditional college and online education is the virtual classroom; a flexible schedule allows busy individuals or established professionals the opportunity to log-on to courses whenever it’s convenient for them.
7. LEARN AT YOUR PACE. With online learning, students have the freedom to learn at their own pace without “falling behind” – as long as assignments are completed by their deadlines, nobody has to know you studied Chapter 5 twice!
8. GAIN VALUABLE LIFE SKILLS. Students who complete their degree through online education have been reported to have higher reading comprehension skills, they are able to resist distractions better, and they consider themselves to be self-motivated, self-reliant, and self-directed.
9. AVOID AWKWARD SOCIAL PETTINESS. One major deterrent for older or returning students when considering a campus-based degree program is the social pettiness that accompanies a younger student body. Avoid feeling pressure to assimilate to younger peers’ lifestyle by completing your degree online.
10. OPPORTUNITY TO FULFILL A GOAL. Many professionals or busy parents feel unable to complete their degree due to financial, familial, or job-related responsibilities. Earning your degree through distance learning allows you to fulfill that goal without interrupting your current life.